Late post again this week. Sorry guys. Writing is coming along nicely, though. New ideas are flowing again. And if you didn’t see it, this week I blogged about writing when the muse is asleep at Loose Ends.
Speaking of ideas…
Today I’d like to share some of the behind the story details about More, specifically my first notes for the main character of Luke Moore. These are directly from the original character sketch sheet, including the photo I used for inspiration. (The final result of what a character looks like may be nothing like the photo, but an image gives me something to visualize, making him/her a bit more real. Some of the traits change as I write the story. Some become no longer relevant.)
Photo for Inspiration
Sampling of Character Sketch & Personality Traits
- Full name: Lukas Moore
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Best Friend: Walter Simon
- Parents: are well-off. They have live-in staff.
- Sleeps in his underwear
- A programmer
- Likes things that are logical with one solid solution
- His apartment is in a low-rent area. It’s small and shabby, but he doesn’t need much. He spends his money on the security system he’s put in place.
- He doesn’t have much in the way of possessions. He moves a lot. He likes to keep his life simple. Uncomplicated. Physical stuff just bogs a person down. Ties them to a time and place. He doesn’t want to be tied to anything.
- Doesn’t own a car
- Independent, self-reliant, private
- Successful at work
- Strong willed
- Thinks only of himself (unless he’s in bed with someone).
- Focused on self-preservation (and winning against his father) to the point of keeping everyone at a distance, even his best friend, Walter, at times.
- Fears most: Being like his father
All my blog posts with behind the story information are also archived on my website at www.sloanparker.com
Hope you enjoyed a look at my original ideas for Luke.