There’s a new free fiction event at the M/M Goodreads Group
From the group page: “What’s more wonderful than love? How about a summer filled with short custom written love stories by our talented writers? What about stories written just for you but shared with all? How about a lot of them? Our member writers are being encouraged to indulge us with their creativity.”
You have to be a member of the group to see the event pages, so if you haven’t joined, now would be a great time to do so. That way you’ll be all signed up when the authors start sharing these free stories.
Another favorite performance on Glee
Last week I posted some of my favorite performances. I was talking with someone on Goodreads and realized I forgot one. Can’t believe I forgot this moment.
A New Interview
Huge thanks to Doug Starr for the recent interview on his blog and for the amazing compliments about my work. I’d much rather talk about my characters than myself, but I have to say, Doug’s questions were a lot fun to answer, even the personal ones. :) Thanks, Doug!
In the news
- Gay Marine’s homecoming kiss goes viral
- Related to the above if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s a great video about the Navy first: Same-sex couple share first kiss at homecoming
- Statistics from Digital Book Worldand AllRomance.com
- 77% Of Romance eBooks Being Purchased On Laptop
- 67% of romance eBooks purchased are PDF or ePUB
- Most readers buy eBooks from the popular book retailers
- 15% buy from publishers websites
- 97% of eBooks purchased have at least a 3 flame rating on Allromance.com
- Someone buys a romance novel every five seconds (according to Businessweek)
- The full All Romance eBooks survey
- Slippery Slope: Erotica Censorship. PayPal requires bookstores remove titles that contain content relating to “pseudo-incest” and what they called “barely-legal” sex. And related: Amazon Pulls Thousands of E-Books in Dispute and PayPal petition
UK Meet for fans and writers of GLBTQ Fiction
New Site: Embrace the Rainbow
“A challenge to us all, particularly to those within the m/m romance and broader book blogging communities”
Hope you enjoy the links and hope your week is a good one.