Thought it was time again for a little inspiration. This is also one of the songs from my playlist for Kevin and Walter.
An adorable Christian and Olli fan vid.
One of my favorite Queer As Folk fan videos and one of the more emotional ones. Such a great James Blunt song too.
Found at MySpace.
There’s a new free fiction event at the M/M Goodreads Group
From the group page: “What’s more wonderful than love? How about a summer filled with short custom written love stories by our talented writers? What about stories written just for you but shared with all? How about a lot of them? Our member writers are being encouraged to indulge us with their creativity.”
You have to be a member of the group to see the event pages, so if you haven’t joined, now would be a great time to do so. That way you’ll be all signed up when the authors start sharing these free stories.
Another favorite performance on Glee
Last week I posted some of my favorite performances. I was talking with someone on Goodreads and realized I forgot one. Can’t believe I forgot this moment.
“Just The Way You Are”
A New Interview
Huge thanks to Doug Starr for the recent interview on his blog and for the amazing compliments about my work. I’d much rather talk about my characters than myself, but I have to say, Doug’s questions were a lot fun to answer, even the personal ones. :) Thanks, Doug!
In the news
- Gay Marine’s homecoming kiss goes viral
- Related to the above if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s a great video about the Navy first: Same-sex couple share first kiss at homecoming
- Statistics from Digital Book Worldand AllRomance.com
- 77% Of Romance eBooks Being Purchased On Laptop
- 67% of romance eBooks purchased are PDF or ePUB
- Most readers buy eBooks from the popular book retailers
- 15% buy from publishers websites
- 97% of eBooks purchased have at least a 3 flame rating on Allromance.com
- Someone buys a romance novel every five seconds (according to Businessweek)
- The full All Romance eBooks survey
- Slippery Slope: Erotica Censorship. PayPal requires bookstores remove titles that contain content relating to “pseudo-incest” and what they called “barely-legal” sex. And related: Amazon Pulls Thousands of E-Books in Dispute and PayPal petition
New Site: Embrace the Rainbow
Hope you enjoy the links and hope your week is a good one.
Yes, I’m a slow writer AND a slow TV viewer. My sweetie and I finally took the time to watch more than a few episodes of Glee. In fact, I think we’re all caught up. My favorite performances so far?
Ricky Martin: “Sexy And I Know It” (The part with him in the chair alone is well worth watching. Damn, that man is fine! How does one make wiggling look good? And Finn trying to dance is worth a laugh.)
“Gold Digger” (Will trying to teach Finn to dance is priceless)
“Don’t Stop Believin’” (the original) (probably my fave of the show)
What is your favorite?
One of the best Justin/Brian (from Queer as Folk) videos I’ve seen. Not safe for work viewing but oh so inspiring to watch.
Looks like Russell T. Davies, the creator of Torchwood and the UK Queer as Folk, is working on a new project, “Cucumber, which revolves around gay men.”
I hope this one takes off. We could use a new high-quality gay drama. And I hope Showtime picks it up! Although I was just about to get rid of that cable box. Damn!
“I want to live a long time with you. I want to be old with you. I want to sit on a porch and rock with you. … And when we die, I want us to die together. I want us to get real old and then say ‘one, two, three…die’.”
-Steven Keaton, Family Ties
From the 2011 Tony Awards. “Now I know why you’re all six-packy.” Adorable!
As I’ve posted before I’m a fan of the US version of Queer as Folk. Just read that Gale Harold (aka Brian Kinney) is set to be in a new show this fall. It’s called The Secret Circle, and in the US it will air on Thursday nights at 9 p.m. on the CW network.
Here’s a preview (Harold is in the beginning and again near the end)
Looks like he’s not a nice man. Should be an interesting role for him. I may check it out if I can find the time, but just seeing that promo had me wanting to start QAF all over again. Time to bust out the DVDs.