Every month I share some of my favorite links, real-life stories, and other items that I find beautiful and inspiring. I hope you find something that makes you learn, laugh, smile, or just go awwwww.
- Guy Saves Tiny Kitten – How cute are they?
- 14-year Old Boy Dives into Overpass to Save Cat Hanging Over Bridge – What a sweet, brave kid.
- Attentive Student – What a cutie!
- Cat Loves His Baby Brother – This cat was lonely so his family got him his very own kitten and the result is all kinds of adorableness.
- A lucky and loved rescued golden retriever – How great is the guy who took him in?
- Watch fathers tell their adult kids the moment they knew they were gay – Such cute interactions.
- The Power of Music – I hadn’t heard of people using this with Parkinsons patients. What a difference. Loved the dancing at the end.
- 15 of the best LGBT ‘Humans of New York’ stories – Beautiful people and relationships. Although #9 will break your heart.
- Falling in love in wartime Iraq – What a journey they’ve been through.
- This foster father takes in only terminally ill children – I know this sounds beyond depressing, but it’s definitely a must-read.
CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH – It’s amazing the things we never learned in American History class in school:
- Meet Octavius Catto – He fought for black civil rights a century before Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Meet Bayard Rustin – A activist for both civil rights and gay rights.
- Meet Eugene Bullard – The only African American pilot to fly in WWI. But he never flew for the United States.
- Meet Fannie Lou Hamer – She worked to secure social, economic, and political rights for African Americans.