Since I’ve been spending so much time with Matthew, Luke, and Richard writing MORE THAN MOST (MORE #2), I thought I’d offer a sale on the print version of MORE. Use code MNRU5PQH for 20% off at CreateSpace. This offer is for a limited time only.
Monthly Archives: August 2013
Part 8 of MORE THAN JUST A GOOD BOOK is now available
Genre: Gay Erotic Romance
Length: Part 8, 5700+ words
Vote for your favorite new cover
Excerpt from part 8
Mark shifted to kneel on the floor before him. He laid his hands on Scott’s knees. “People who have love behind them are stronger than those without it.” He gripped him by the thighs and tugged him forward until Scott was straddling his lap on the floor. “They have more to fight for.” He drew him even closer, and they were plastered together, Scott’s legs wrapped around Mark. He slid a hand up Scott’s sides, under his T-shirt. Then he removed the shirt in one fluid motion.
Scott gasped as Mark kissed his skin at the base of his neck, an openmouthed kiss that went from his neck to a nipple without stopping. He gave another long tongue-filled kiss all the way back up to Scott’s ear, his warm breath drawing out goose bumps as he said, “Love makes you brave.”
Oh God. Scott tilted Mark’s head back and kissed him, unable to keep from showing how his words and actions affected him.
Never breaking the kiss with the movement, Mark rolled them, pinning Scott on the floor beneath him.
Scott clutched at his arms, tugging him closer, needing more of his kisses, his touches, more of Mark.
He wanted to feel every inch of Mark pressing down on him, wanted to connect with him beyond what sex or words could ever offer. Only he had no idea how to show that to him.
Vote for a new cover for MORE THAN JUST A GOOD BOOK
Since the full novel version of MORE THAN JUST A GOOD BOOK is going to be published later this year (in both e-book and print formats), I thought it would be nice to have a new cover that would differentiate it from the original short story.
Below are four mock-ups. The first one is similar to both the original cover and the one I’ve been using for the serial story. The other three are new ideas. I’d love to have your vote on which one you’d like to see on the final version of Mark and Scott’s story. I’ll go with whatever mock-up receives the majority of reader votes.
Click on each image to view a larger preview.
Vote for your favorite here
Reader Appreciation Day Giveaway, Saturday August 17th
This Saturday, August 17th is our monthly Reader Appreciation Day at the Sweet Spot Yahoo Group. Stop by to enter the giveaway, read excerpts, and chat with authors of M/M romances. The giveaway runs from 8 am – 8 pm EST.
The following authors have generously donated these books or other prizes.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
- If you haven’t already, join the Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheSweetSpotMM/
- On Saturday, August 17th watch the group page (or your email if you choose to receive emails from the group) for a message with instructions on how to enter. The subject of the post should read something like “RAD Giveaway: Reply here for a chance to win”
- Reply to that message anytime between 8am and 8pm EST indicating you’d like to enter the giveaway.
That’s it. You’ll be added to the drawing for your chance at a random prize.
Complete List of Prizes & Donating Authors
- Lily Sawyer – ebook copy of LOVE ON THE EAST END
- Lane Hayes – ebook copy of BETTER THAN GOOD
- Tyler Robbins – ebook copy of AFTERMATH: GUTS AND GLORY
- Tara Lain – ebook copy of winner’s choice of SPELL CAT or BRUSH WITH CATASTROPHE
- Allison Cassatta – ebook copy of both DEAR DIARY and DEAR DIARY: PRIDE
- Willa Okati – ebook copy of THE QUIET GAME
- Tempeste O’Riley – ebook copy of DESIGNS OF DESIRE
- Lisabet Sarai – AUTOGRAPHED PRINT copy of the GAYMES anthology, which includes Lisabet’s story Crossed Hearts as well as tales by Carol Lynne, Jenna Byrnes/Jude Mason, Kim Dare, Devon Rhodes and Gwendolyn Cease
- Jambrea Jo Jones – ebook copy of winner’s choice from backlist
- Sloan Parker – winner’s choice of $15 Amazon.com or All Romance eBooks Gift Card
- S.J. Frost – ebook copy of winner’s choice from backlist
Hope you can join us at The Sweet Spot Reader Appreciation Day.
Authors of m/m romances, if you’re interested in joining us for our next RAD, we’d love to have you. Send me an email and I’ll add you to our author contact list.
The Mind of a Writer
While taking my daily walks this past week, I noticed two swans had moved into my neighborhood. They do everything together. Fly, bathe, swim, groom. Admittedly I know next to nothing about the life of swans. (Although I do believe they can form life-long monogamous pair bonds and are fiercely protective of their nests. My hon was even chased by one as a kid.)
As I watched these swans, I found myself asking question after question.
Will they stay here? Or is this a stopover for them? How long have they been together? What will happen if one of them passes away?
I’m walking and thinking. My mind pondering the past and future of these swans.
More walking, more thinking.
Of course, like I’ve always done since I was a kid, if I don’t know something, I make up my own story for it.
Now these swans each have a tragic backstory that led them to the moment they met. I know how long they’ve been together and that one is older than the other. I know how many obstacles they had to overcome to get to this peaceful, contented place they now live.
Then I stopped, stared at the swans, and laughed at myself. I could’ve been pondering and plotting my next book. But noooo… I’m dreaming up stories for two swans. Swans!
Thus goes the mind of a writer, a daydreamer.