Here are some more behind the story details about More, specifically some of my first notes for the character of Richard Marshall. These are directly from the original character sketch sheet, including the photo I used for inspiration. (Side note: The final result of what a character looks like may be nothing like the photo, but an image gives me something to visualize, making him/her a bit more real. Also, some of the character traits change as I write the story. Some become no longer relevant.)
Photo for Inspiration: This is not exactly what he ended up looking like in my mind (especially the hair), but here’s the first photo of Richard.
And here’s his bod.
Sampling of Character Sketch & Personality Traits
- Full name: Richard Marshall
- Graduated from NYU with an MBA
- Doesn’t hide who he is for any reason.
- Sleeps naked.
- Neat, orderly, tidy.
- Clears his throat when he has something to say he doesn’t want to mention.
- Does not apologize for who he is. Or what he does.
- Successful in business
- Wants to make the world better for those he cares about. Does it by changing their immediate world, affecting change in their daily lives.
- Fears most: Losing people he loves. Not being what they need and watching them walk out. Not being successful, losing business.
- Zodiac Sign: Leo (Source)
- “Life Pursuit: To lead the way”
- “Love triumphs over all for this sign, which is ruled by the heart and operates from this dimension too. Leo’s are born fortunate.”
- “Charismatic and positive-thinking they attract…an abundance of friends and opportunities.”
- “Once a Lion is committed to a relationship, they are totally devoted and faithful. Should their heart or trust be broken they never forgive or forget.”
- “For a Leo, when a relationship is over, really over, it is over for good.”
- “The second soul-evolution of the Leos is the Lion, King of the Jungle, ruled by ego but always protective and sustaining of those they love.”
All my blog posts with behind the story information are also archived on my website at www.sloanparker.com
Hope you enjoyed a look at my initial ideas for Richard.