Here are a few of the songs I listened to while writing HOW TO SAVE A LIFE (which has an updated blurb). For each song, some of the lyrics and/or the tone really spoke to me when it came to Kevin and Walter. The blend of passion, emotion, and suspense with this story led to an interesting mix of songs for these guys.
- For You, The Calling
- Say When, The Fray
- We Belong Together, Gavin DeGraw
- Walter’s song (although a lot of it works for Kevin too):
Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
- Kevin’s song:
Naked, Avril Lavigne
- Hanging By a Moment, Lifehouse
- It’s So Easy, Sheryl Crow & Don Henley
- Superman (It’s Not Easy), Five For Fighting
- I hear Kevin saying this to Walter (as opposed to the more spiritual meaning the song may have for some):
Show Me What I’m Looking For, Carolina Liar
- Never fear, this book has a happy ending, but some of the lyrics for this song describe very well what Walter and Kevin are feeling:
Goodbye My Lover, James Blunt
All my blog posts with behind the story information are also available on my website.