They’ve been friends for years and have been in love with each other for nearly that long, but there was always something—or someone else—standing in their way. Now that they are finally together and committed to each other, neither can imagine a future without the other.
I’m thinking this is the first time they’re living together as a couple. They found a new apartment so they could start their life together in a fresh space. They’ve been dating for a year. They met at a club, but now, they aren’t sorry to leave their wilder escapades behind them. They’re looking forward to quiet nights spent together, curled up on the couch watching Netflix. After they get settled in, they’ll get a dog. A rescue from a local shelter. Then six months later, they’ll get another. Their couch will be filled with four warm bodies, all cuddled together. But first… they have to head to the store to pick out the couch. Maybe after one more snuggle in their brand new apartment.
Here are some of my recent “beautiful love” finds at Pinterest. If you can’t see the embedded images below, you can view my entire Beautiful Love board on my Pinterest page. Just scanning these pics gives me so many feels and so many story ideas!
Every month I share some of my favorite links, real-life stories, and other items that I find beautiful and inspiring. I hope you find something that makes you learn, laugh, smile, or just go awwwww.
- Guy Saves Tiny Kitten – How cute are they?
- 14-year Old Boy Dives into Overpass to Save Cat Hanging Over Bridge – What a sweet, brave kid.
- Attentive Student – What a cutie!
- Cat Loves His Baby Brother – This cat was lonely so his family got him his very own kitten and the result is all kinds of adorableness.
- A lucky and loved rescued golden retriever – How great is the guy who took him in?
- Watch fathers tell their adult kids the moment they knew they were gay – Such cute interactions.
- The Power of Music – I hadn’t heard of people using this with Parkinsons patients. What a difference. Loved the dancing at the end.
- 15 of the best LGBT ‘Humans of New York’ stories – Beautiful people and relationships. Although #9 will break your heart.
- Falling in love in wartime Iraq – What a journey they’ve been through.
- This foster father takes in only terminally ill children – I know this sounds beyond depressing, but it’s definitely a must-read.
CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH – It’s amazing the things we never learned in American History class in school:
- Meet Octavius Catto – He fought for black civil rights a century before Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Meet Bayard Rustin – A activist for both civil rights and gay rights.
- Meet Eugene Bullard – The only African American pilot to fly in WWI. But he never flew for the United States.
- Meet Fannie Lou Hamer – She worked to secure social, economic, and political rights for African Americans.