I was tagged by Devon Rhodes to complete this m/m meme. Thanks for including me. Devon! These are some good questions. And thanks to Kris at Kris ‘n’ Good Books who started it all.
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
Two years this past October. Not sure I had read any romances with main characters who were GLBTQ before that.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
Lee Rowan’s Ransom
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader?
Oh yeah. I’m out all over the place. As a writer too. Of course my dad wants to know how come I can’t leave the “sex stuff” up to the reader’s imagination. He’s so cute.
4. Ebooks, print or both?
Mostly ebooks, but I will buy my favs in paperback or some that are not available in ebook format.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
I buy from both. I’ve been trying to make an effort to buy more direct, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out (due to pricing and discounts or format)
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
That varies. I’ll buy a ton at one time then go a couple weeks or even a month without buying anything. It averages out to maybe 10-20 a month. Sometimes more if there’s a huge sale.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
A nice cover can pull me in. But I always read the blurb before buying (if it’s an author I love). For new-to-me authors, I read an excerpt to see if I like the writing style.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
I do. I have a database of all the books I own/want to read. Sometimes I’ll add links to reviews with the book’s entry in the DB, especially if the review made it sound like something I’d like to buy.
9. Who’s your fave publisher?
Loose Id (Was I supposed to say anything else? They’re publishing my debut novel hehehe. Seriously, they’ve been great to work with)
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
Oh man. Only two. That’s tough. Okay, off the top of my head, Josh Lanyon and JL Langley and WA Hoffman and Tere Michaels and Jordan Castillo Price and…uh, I can’t stop.
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
I don’t read much fantasy, but will if I’ve heard enough good things about a book. It’s hard for me to get into the story and characters when I’m trying to figure out the world.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks.
Usually long. I want the read to last a few days, and I want to really get into the characters’ heads. Some authors can pull off short fiction with great characterizations, but a lot of the time, I’m just left feeling like I wanted more.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
I can’t think of anything I’ve actually read that was a turn-off in terms of the sex. Maybe too much of the same sex over and over. I”ll probably think of something later that creeped me out. I don’t like cheating, but if the author is really good and redeems the story/characters with huge emotional payoffs, then I can keep reading (and yes, that includes Jake Riordan. He’s on his way, and I’m hoping he sees the light and gets out of other people’s beds in book 5).
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when…
They get a tattoo or piercing together
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
Not sure. If an author is really good at his/her craft, I’ll read any trope/theme again. It’s all in how well they build the characters within the plot.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
It’s probably so wrong to say this, but I’d pick Luke, Richard, and Matthew, the three guys from my book More, an m/m/m tentatively due out in March from Loose Id. :)
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
I’m looking forward to The Dark Tide by Josh Lanyon and Matt’s story from JL Langley. Oh, and the final Raised by Wolves from WA Hoffman.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
The Adrien English books by Josh Lanyon (they were new to me this year) and Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels.
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
Vampires. And more short stories and novellas rather than novel length.
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Not kill. I want him to tell Adrien what we all know he feels for him (and grovel…A LOT!). I’m a sappy romantic. I want them to have their happy ending.
Tag, you’re it: