Here are some of the latest Links I Love:
- Dad Of 4 Girls Tweets Conversations With His Daughters, Proves Parenting Is Fun – yep, adorable. You can read more of his epic posts on Twitter. Despite the teasing nature of his tweets, you get the sense that he absolutely adores his family.
- 20+ People Who Had One Job And Still Failed – Love #1 and 15. #4 is just creepy. Who thought that looked okay?
- Yanis Marshall Choreography – Damn, that man can move! (warning: loud siren at the beginning, turn your headphones down).
- The Atlas of Beauty – I love how this photographer is celebrating the individual, unique beauty of all women.
- Grandma Is Brought To Tears With Sweetest Birthday Surprise – What a fab grandson.
- The Hot Dog Princess – this was making the social media rounds last month. If you missed it, you have got to check out the hot dog princess. As someone on Twitter said, “In a world full of princesses, dare to be a hot dog.” I love it!
- Look at this photo for a minute – it’s not just the photo that I love, it’s the writer’s words, including: “To look at this photo and not grasp its significance is to not only succumb to shallow, jaded and isolated thinking, but also to take for granted a level of freedom that is absurdly great in comparison to the utter bleakness in other corners of the world right now.” … “You have the freedom to not only feel love here, but to demonstrate it, celebrate it, sing it and shine it. Don’t squander it.”
- Prisoners rescue deaf dogs evacuating California fire: ‘We sprung into action’ – There’s always far too much horribleness that comes from these wildfires. It’s beautiful to read how people come together to help, even those most people might not expect to be a part of the solution.
For the Love of Books
- The Great Library Rescue of Timbuktu – a different type of hero, saving 377,000 books and documents from destruction. I can’t even imagine.
- Syria’s secret library – this just proves how important books are to people for information, comfort, and connection. And I thought I loved reading to escape a bad day.
It’s Nowhere Near Over
- 35 million in 35 years – Such a sad anniversary. It’s easy in today’s world to think this isn’t as big of an issue as it used to be, but the numbers don’t lie.
- An unlikely tool to help women – I have no words for what these women go through. I hope this option helps make a huge difference.
And on a lighter note, have a smile: Adorable Animals
- Tweeters Imagine What Would Happen If Cats Were In Charge
- Why won’t you play with me – He’s like…”there is something wrong with this dog. He’s broken.”