These are directly from the original character sketch sheet, including the photos I used for inspiration before writing the book.
Photos for Inspiration
The final result of what a character looks like may be nothing like the photo, but an image gives me something to visualize, making him a bit more real.
Sampling of Character Sketch & Personality Traits
- Full name: Matthew Stewart
- Nickname: his mom calls him Matty.
- Works at a music/book store in the mall.
- Lives with his mom whom he adores.
- His parents are divorced. Hasn’t seen his father since the man left, when Matthew was in high school.
- Came out in high school.
- Doesn’t like Chinese food. Loves Italian.
- Doesn’t have much in the way of a savings account.
- Lively, energetic, funny (despite his shyness)
- Always has a smile
- Laughs a lot
- Inquisitive. Curious. Asks questions.
- Shy, nervous, self-conscious
- Trusts too easily, even when others have failed him
- Doesn’t speak up when he should
- Speaks with uncertainty
- Has issues with people who drink alcohol around him.
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio (Source)
- Life Pursuit: To survive against all opposition
- Scorpios lead fate filled lives and have intense and dramatic personal relationships.
- Old and wise beyond the average, Scorpios often know all the answers, except sometimes; they too often have difficulty finding what they need to develop their own happiness.
- Coming to grips with their extraordinary emotional depths and sensitivity isn’t easy for those around them.
- They are different from all other zodiac signs and this difference has them walking, working and loving to a different beat.
- Their eyes often blaze with feelings that words never express, and beware on the days or nights they hide their feelings behind dark glasses, there is likely to be a storm of some kind brewing.
- They often wear a mask. Too often they say “no” when they really mean “yes.”
- Once they find true love they can be the most faithful dedicated of all partners.
- When they are negative about something or someone, or critical of themselves, they can tend to get in their own way.
All my blog posts with behind the story information are also archived on my website at www.sloanparker.com
Hope you enjoyed a look at some of my initial ideas for Matthew.
Image source (first picture): I can’t recall from where I purchased or downloaded this one. If you hold the copyright and wish to have it removed, please contact me.